Saturday, May 9, 2009

I think May is one of the busiest months for School Based OTs

Well, I'm sorry to say that it has been almost an entire school year before my last post. I again ask all of you fellow bloggers... when do you find the time? Thank you to all of you who post regularly and share all of your work and ideas. I have enjoyed reading them. Meanwhile, as a school based therapist of a system that ends in June- May is incredibly busy. Meetings, Meetings and more meetings. One thing I have tried to do more in my family meetings is focus more on the strengths of my students. Often it is a relatively easy thing to do and the rewards have been positive in many ways. The other good thing about the meetings is that as a professional and team member- it does get you planning for the future. I guess being so busy also energizes me about my work. Don't get me wrong, I'm excited about the summer break being so close, but it is also exciting to see all the positive changes and growth with many of my students. I also like collaborating with my team members as we plan programs for the next school year. Personally, I am going to try to post a little more than 2x a year. Like so many good occupational based routines... I need to develop a schedule and set a few goals. To all of you coming to the end of the school year- Enjoy!

No comments: